Adolfo N. Anchondo, M.D.
Dr. Adolfo Anchondo attended Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua School of Medicine in Chihuahua, Mexico. His internship was completed at ISSTE Hospital in Chihuahua and he completed his residency at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in El Paso, Texas. Dr. Anchondo’s fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care was at the University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City, Iowa, where he conducted research in the Division of Physiological Imaging in the department of radiology.
Following this, Dr. Anchondo was Clinical Research Coordinator for the Department of Internal Medicine at Texas Tech HSC in El Paso, Texas.
His honors include a position as Chief Resident in the Department of Internal Medicine at Texas Tech University HSC during his internal medicine residency. Dr. Anchondo is currently Director of the Respiratory Department at Sierra Providence Health Network in El Paso, Texas.
click + by each feature to see more
Professional Certifications +
- Diplomate ABIM Subspecialty of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Member of the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Member of the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
Procedures & Services Performed +
- General bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) for needle biopsy of mediastinal tumors or lymph nodes
- Bronchial thermoplasty treatment for severe asthma
- Ultrasound-guided thoracentesis
- Central line placement
Areas of Interest +
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Ventilator Management
Hospital Appointments +
- Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus
- Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus
- Hospitals of Providence East Campus
- Memorial Medical Center (Las Cruces)